Sailor with 6 years experience looking to crew on the 2020 Islands Race to gain more offshore experience. Fit and strong, with positive, can-do attitude.
2019: International Safety at Sea seminar certification (search for last name RYE and ISAF).
2019: Newport to Ensenada — 125 nm, overnight race on a Hunter 34. Jib and spinnaker trim, night watch shifts, helm. Did partial return as well, Ensenada to San Diego.
2019: Santa Barbara to King Harbor — 81 nm, overnight race on a Catalina 30. Jib and spinnaker trim, night watch shifts, helm. Did the return from KH to Marina del Rey.
- Wednesday beercan races on Hunter 34 in Marina del Rey (jib and kite trim, a little helm),
- Thursday beercan races and King Harbor race weekend on a Schock 35, Code Blue, in Long Beach (pit)
- Long Beach Race Week on a Catalina 37 (pit)
- Campbell Cup regatta on a Farr 40, Viva la Vida (pit)
- Outlaw Regatta (Marina del Rey to Seal Beach) on a J109 (jib and kite trim) - flew the kite under 22 knots of breeze
- Two training sails with pro crew trainers on a Farr 40, Blade
- Several races on a J80 and a J109, and one race on a Tartan 101. Jib and spinnaker trim.
2014-2018: every Wednesday night beercan races on a Cal34: jib, kite, main trim, helm, pit.
2018: bunch of other beercans and weekend regattas on various cruiser/racers (Catalina 30, Cal 36, Hanse 38, Beneteau 55)
2017: ASA 101, 103, 104 certifications, with 105 pending
Have experienced one squall that knocked us on our ear and filled the cockpit with water. Kept my calm and blew the main, started bailing. Other crew blew the vang and got the jib down and we righted. Have experienced a couple round ups and near wipe outs.
Here's my entire sailing log if you want details.
40 years of sailing: instructing, chartering, racing, crewing, and owning from 17' BW Harpoon, Laser, to 47' class Caliber LRC. Extensive sailing in lakes, sounds, bays, and multiple open water passages from Annapolis, Newport, Puerto Rico, and spent 5…
I'm Thomas and am new to San Diego, looking for a boat to help crew on. Most recently I was a pit crew in Charleston for an open ocean sailing team (before that I was a collegiate sailor for four years), but I'm willing to help out anywhere. I've got a…
Hi, I am a member of the Royal Hong Kong Yacht Club who has been actively racing J80s in Hong Kong for the past 7 years, with multiple podium finishes. Experienced spinnaker and job trimer, as well as tactician. I am returning to San Diego after 30…
Eager to learn and grow my experience as a coastal racer/cruiser, currently focused full time on mileage building and working toward RYA certs. Grew up in Seattle, now live in LA area. Enthusiastic, cook, clean, safe, no sea-sickness, etc.. 27y/o ASA…